Thursday, January 17, 2008

Love Is In The Air

Gustav Klimpt's "The Kiss"
.
How Romantic R U?
.
In honor of Valentine's Day,
I am going to do a poll of romantic movies.
.
Some have a happy ending, some show soul mates that don't always stay together and some portray true love that last a whole lifetime and beyond.
.
Below are ten of my all time favorites, with lines from the movie. The poll will be at the right, below the King Chessie photo. I will keep the poll open until Feb. 13th and discuss the winner on Valentines Day.
.
In alphabetical order.
.

"Big Eden"

(There's so few nice surprises in life. Seems to me that it'd be kind of a shame to squander one of them, don't ya think?)

"The Bridges Of Madison County"

(And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before.)

"Brokeback Mountain"

(Jack, I swear... )

"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

(I would rather be a ghost, drifting by your side...as a condemned soul...than enter heaven without you. Because of your love...I will never be a lonely spirit.)

"Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind"

(Mierzwiak! Please let me keep this memory, just this one.)

"Moulin Rouge"

(Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place. Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace. Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste. It all revolves around you)

"The Notebook"

(This is a good story. I think I've heard it before)

"Sense And Sensibility"

(Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds. Or bends with the remover to remove. Oh no! It is an ever fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken. Willoughby. Willoughby. Willoughby.)

"Shakespeare In Love"

(You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die. )

"Somewhere In Time"

(Come back to me.)
.
.
Please vote in the poll once I add it and use the comment box to discuss these movies or your own favorites.

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Brokeback was so beautifully made. I fantasize about removing all painful memories a la Eternal Sunshine and you definitely captured the best quote from Shakespeare!