Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Her Downward Spiral" - Film @ 11:00




Yesterday the TV was filled with news of a fallen starlet.
.
I won't mention her name as I don't want to add to the list of garbage that can be googled. I never really was a fan of her music. She always seems like a manufactured artist to me. However, I feel that what has happened to her is sad. Just plain sad.
.
The entertainment media tried to push her as the second coming of Madonna, then over this past year have hounded her into being the next Anna Nicole.
.
I am not saying that all of her troubles are the fault of the paparazzi, entertainment news shows, hate filled gossip websites and the tabloids, but they helped.
  • They need to take some responsibility.
  • They need to quit acting like they are shocked at what has happened.
  • But most importantly, they need to stop.

There are ways to cover celebrities without it turning into the circus that it has become.

Secondly, the public has got to take some of the responsibility too.

If your next door neighbor was spiralling out of control, would you make a bowl of popcorn, pull up a chair to the window, draw back the curtains and watch it like it was entertainment.

I don't think so. Lord, I hope not.

As much as I love celebrity watching and reading about some of the crazy stuff they do, I feel that it is time to turn away from the crash on the freeway.

What do we gain from gathering enjoyment from their follies.

Why do we need to build them up and then help tear them down?

What exactly is the point?



1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Sadly I think the Female Elvis comparisons will be prophetic.