Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dinner In The Hot Seat 01

New Post Series
.
Yesterday, I mentioned in the Emmy post that I would like to have dinner with Kynt and Vyxsin and hang out. That got me thinking.
.
"What if I could have the ultimate fantasy dinner party
and who would I invite?"
.
The thoughts twisted in my mind and changed and morphed into several different ideas. This is my final idea.
.
Dinner In The Hot Seat
.
What would you give to be able to try to change a single person's mind on an idea or topic that was important to you? Each dinner would be dedicated to the one person that I want to communicate my point of view. My idea is to have a panel of five people that are known to be outspoken on a certain topic. Each person gets 10 minutes to tell their story or parlay their points on the given subject, including the guest. Then each person gets an additional 2 minutes at the close of the meal. There would be no arguing and each person would be timed. My part in the dinner would be to serve the food and to keep order. Yes, it would be unbalanced. That is the point. In the end the guest wouldn't be expected to do a total reverse, but would leave with a few new perspectives on the subject, hopefully. At the very least, to put a face on the issue.
.
Each new "Dinner In The Hot Seat" Post will include:
.
The Hot Seat Guest
.
Subject of the Dinner
.
Panel of 5 Opinionated People
.
Fantasy Dinner Party 01
.
Guest:
.
Republican VP Nominee Sarah Palin
.
Subject:
.
Gay/Lesbians Rights
.
Panel:
.
(Middle Row)
/
Sam Harris
Singer/Actor
Recently adopted a son with his longtime partner
.
Judy Shepard
Mother/Activist
Mother of Matthew Shepard who is trying to get a National Hate Crime Bill passed in the memory of her slain son.
.
(Bottom Row)
.
Jennifer Tilly
Actress/Poker Champion
Outspoken supporter of Gay/Lesbian Rights
.
Ellen DeGeneres
Talk Show Host/Actress
Recently legally wed her partner Portia De Rossi
.
Vyxsin Fiala
Amazing Race Competitor
Believes in equality and understanding for all who are different and ostracized in society.
.
Wouldn't you just love to watch and observe this conversation. I will be adding other dinner topics in the near future. If you have guests and subjects that you find interesting, please share them in the comment section. I hope that you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed dreaming of it.
.
Now I am off to plan the menu.
.

No comments: