Saturday, August 16, 2008

National Gay Holiday

Happy 50th Birthday Madge!



"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want.


If that makes me a bitch, okay."


- Madonna



Usually you get a gift on your birthday, but this year there seems to be a gift for all of us. Yesterday a song that Madonna recorded in 1998 (that didn't make it onto her "Ray Of Light" album) leaked and appeared all over the web. It is a cover of a ABBA ballad from their last album. It is fantastic and probably one of her best vocals ever. I love it more than most of the stuff she has recorded in the past decade. It is an instant classic, in my opinion.

"Like An Angel Passing Through My Room"

written by: Benny Andersson/Björn Ulvaeus

.

Long awaited darkness falls

casting shadows on the walls

in the twilight hour I am alone

sitting near the fireplace

dying embers warm my face

in this peaceful solitude

all the outside world subdued

everything comes back

to me again

in the gloom

like an angel passing through my room


Half awake and half in dreams

seeing long forgotten scenes

so the present runs

into the past

now and then become entwined

playing games within my mind

like the embers as they die

love was one prolonged good-bye

and it all comes

back to me tonight

in the gloom

like an angel passing through my room


I close my eyes

and my twilight

images go by

all too soon

like an angel passing through my room

No comments: