Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Boob" Tube Memories

Charlie's Angels
.
.
.
I used to love this show when I was a teen. Obviously, not for the same reason as other teen boys. I used to think it was great tv. After seeing reruns years later, I now realize that it was total crapola, with bad acting, dialog and storylines.
.
Each week was just an excuse to get the girls in as less as clothes as possibly. The T & A was so overdone, that I bet in the script it actually said "Boing, Boing, Boing" to indicate that the acteresses had to do a running scene.
.
It was so controversial at the time, due to the jiggle factor. But compared to the "Murder TV" that is on today, it was all very harmless.
.
Farrah Fawcett-Majors once attributed the show's success to this fact:
"When the show was number three, I figured it was our acting. When it got to be number one, I decided it could only be because none of us wears a bra."
.

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

That's a beautiful rendering of J.Smith, I never cared for Farrah...

Maverick2464 said...

Jaclyn Smith was/is my favorite, too.