Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Week Of Weakness

.
Recovery Road 03
.
.
Here is a picture of the flowers that I got from my bosses. They are very lovely, but they are finally on their last leg. (Yes, that is a can of Dr. Pepper in the arrangement.) I really appreciate all of the care and concern from the people that I work with. I want to go back to work as soon as I can. I would like to be back there now, but alas I guess, my body just isn't quite up for that yet.
.
.
My sister Chickiepoo sent me this Boyd's Bear "Tinman" that I gave her when she had heart surgery. She said maybe he needed to look after me for a while. He is sitting on my desk.
Thank you Sis.
.
This past week has been full of ups and downs. I feel better some days and others I feel like sleeping all day. When I could sleep, I have had crazy dreams. The most frustrating thing is that I can not get to where I need to be so I can go back to work. I can not even start my rehab yet, until I see the doctor again on the 7th. I want so bad for everything to be back to normal and I can not stand that I really have no control over it.
.
/
I have been subconsciously rubbing my fingers along my incision/scar on my chest. Charley said he had a dream that I pop open my incision like a can of "Pillsbury Grands Biscuits." I think it would be funny, if when my scar heals, I have a tattoo put on my chest of a can of biscuits with the scar line as the pop open line on the tube.
.
Recovery is so slow and I am getting bored sitting at home.
"I want to be the one to walk in the sun."
.

No comments: